The Educational Talent Search program works with middle, and high school staff to help students attend college after graduation. Talent Search assists 6th-12th grade students by providing academic, career, college, and financial aid counseling.
Talent Search programs are provided for free during the school day; approximately twice per month. Students are "school-excused" from class for about one hour for each program meeting if they have good academic and attendance records.
Group workshops and individual services provided by Talent Search include:
- Academic, financial, career, and college counseling
- Career exploration
- Summer College Tours for 9th-11th grade students (NYC, California, Colorado, etc)
- Information and assistance with student financial aid (such as scholarships, grants, and loans)
- Assistance in completing college admissions applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams (ACT, SAT)
- 2 free ACT waivers for 11th & 12th grade students ($92 value)
- College application fee waivers for 12th grade students ($50 value each)
Students will be considered a higher priority for program participation if they:
- Come from a family in which neither parent has completed a four-year college degree and/or
- Come from a family whose income is limited (for example, if you qualify for free or reduced price lunches at your school) and
- Are a student who is a US citizen or permanent resident of the US and
- Are a student who has demonstrated a need for program services in order to pursue the dream of a college education
All services are free to students and parents, except for optional low-cost summer trips and programs. In all situations, we are committed to working with families so that Talent Search students may enjoy the benefits of the program without financial hardship.