National Hispanic Institute (NHI) Colorado Lorenzo De Zavala Youth (LDZ) Legislative Session at Colorado State University 2017
Sunday, June 18 — Sunday, June 25
The Lorenzo De Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session is the most recognized program of the National Hispanic Institute (NHI). The intense, eight-day, model government session gives high-achieving, rising high school junior and senior students the opportunity to understand organizational culture, protocol and procedures in order to become more effective community leaders, meet and collaborate with new friends, reflect on the issues of the day and practice leadership.
- Research issues impacting Latinos
- Develop leadership skills
- Present, defend and build support for ideas
- Enhance public speaking and debate skills
- Make and implement decisions
- Conduct meetings
- Understand and impact organizational culture, protocol and procedures
- Interact with students across the nation and other Latin American countries
- Live and work for eight days on a university campus
Partnership Award Eligibility
Students who participate in the 2017 Lorenzo De Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session and are admitted as freshmen to Colorado State University may be eligible to receive the Partnership Award. Funds for this award are disbursed for up to five years or 10 semesters of enrollment at Colorado State University. Please contact Connie Jaime-Lujan at Connie.Jaime-Lujan@colostate.edu for more information.