Colorado State University Training Program for Federal TRIO Program Staff
The Colorado State University Training Program for Federal TRIO Program staff is committed to assisting TRIO personnel in gaining the skills and knowledge needed to serve and motivate students that are first-generation, low-income and underrepresented in higher education.
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality training that is relevant, timely, innovative, engaging and considers effective ways to provide training resulting in
- Improved reporting of student and project performance
- Improved evaluation of project performance in order to design and operate a model project funded under the Federal TRIO Programs.
The Training Program seeks to facilitate access to training materials and content via on-site training, online training, video conferences and other publication of manuals designed to improve the operations of Federal TRIO Program projects.
Our Trainings Address:
- Record and reporting requirements of federally funded TRIO Programs
- Strategies in preparing for and submitting a stress-free Annual Performance Report (APR)
- Data Collection tools and methods for retrieving, analyzing and reporting student and project outcomes
- Policies and procedures for managing and maintaining audit-ready records and documentation
- Formative & Summative Evaluations of program services and activities
- Importance of measuring high-impact services and its relationship to successful student outcomes
- Utilize program outcomes to advocate for TRIO programs at university, college, community or national level platforms
- Strategies for operating a model TRIO Program