2022 Alliance Social Justice thru the Arts
Applications for the Social Justice thru the Arts Summer Program are now available for the:
2022 Alliance Summer Institute
SOCIAL JUSTICE THRU THE ARTS
Tuesday, May 31 – Sunday, June 5, 2022
This summer institute will teach basic social justice concepts through arts-based practices. Participants will integrate all they have learned by working with a featured artist to create an art piece from a social justice framework. Students collaborate alongside CSU faculty, students, and community educators through teambuilding, intercultural dialogue, and collaboration across differences, nurturing individual and collective voice, and fostering community dialogue by emphasizing skills that promote social justice advocacy. In the process they not only learn what a career in the arts through a social justice lens looks and feels like but also how the art fits into their lives and communities by addressing issues of equity, belonging, access, justice, and how the creative process is a part of all of our stories.
Experience will include:
- Experience working with CSU faculty and students through art-based practices.
- Expert advice on applying to college, admission requirements, financial aid, housing, and careers
- Living in the residence halls, meals in the dining halls
- CSU mentors
- Certificate of Completion
Please have the student apply by March 1, to the Social Justice thru the Ats using this link:
- For full consideration, completed applications are due March 1st
- Students will be notified if they are admitted to this program by the second week of April.
- Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Flyers were sent out for posting and distribution to students! Students can scan the QR code and access the information for the application!
Please email any questions regarding this application or this program to: