Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture, & Community Wellbeing Summer Institute
Sunday, June 4 – Saturday, June 10, 2023
Agriculture is entering a new era! We are developing new approaches and technologies to feed the world as our climate warms and water becomes scarce. We need passionate students like you at the table to develop solutions that support our planet’s and people’s health.
Learn from world-class scientists with cutting-edge expertise how biology and technology can be combined for sustainable agriculture. From plants and insects to water and land use, health and nutrition, to drones and DNA, you will gain hands-on experience at research laboratories and visiting field experiments.
This 7-day institute will complement these research experiences with discussions of our values and the needs of our communities to chart a food-secure future for all. We believe that together, with you, we can improve our communities. Exciting careers await graduates from the College of Agricultural Sciences at Colorado State University. Jumpstart your path to a great career by joining us!
The experience will include the following:
- Working with CSU scientists and students
- Gaining expert advice on applying to college, including admission requirements, financial aid, housing, and careers
- A certificate of Completion
- Exposure to STEM concepts through hands-on learning
- Develops teamwork and leadership skills
- Encourages students to continue their education beyond high school
Please have students apply to Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture, & Community Wellbeing Summer Institute by March 1st, online at the following link: Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture, & Community Wellbeing Application.
- For full consideration, completed applications are due online by March 1st.
- Students will be notified if they are admitted to this program by the second week of April.
- Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
View the flyer here. Students can scan the QR code and access the information for the application!
Please email any questions regarding this application or this program to: