Application to the Bridge Scholars Program is highly competitive and space is limited. Students selected to participate in the program will receive a combination of Bridge Scholars Program funds and grant awards worth up to $6,500.00 (must be eligible for in-state tuition) to cover the following:
- Tuition and Fees for the Summer Session (up to six academic credits/two classes)
- Room and Board (including meals) in a designated on-campus residence hall
- Miscellaneous Expenses such as activities
Selection of Scholars
The selection committee will evaluate applicants on the following:
- Student’s ability and perceived effort in completing the application
- Expressed commitment to take on the responsibilities related to being a college student and successfully completing college coursework
- Explanation of how participation in the program will help the student overcome a barrier or need in order to complete a degree
- Ability to positively contribute to the Bridge Scholars community
Students interested in the Bridge Scholars Program must commit to completing their college education. In addition, applicants must demonstrate their willingness to meet the following program expectations:
- Setting high standards of judgment and behavior
- Setting high standards of academic study and performance
- Observe and follow program guidelines and abiding by program rules and boundaries
Notification of Status
All students will be notified of their application status by the end of February. Selected students will be sent a Bridge Scholars Program confirmation email that will include dates and locations of two required meetings.
The first required meeting is a workshop to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA and CSU Summer Registration. The location will be off campus closer to your community.
The second required meeting is the Bridge Scholars Information Session that will take place on the Fort Collins CSU Campus. Access Center and University staff will provide important program information and details at this meeting. At least one parent and/or family member is required to attend along with the participating student. Details for the meeting regarding location, date, time and agenda will be included in the Bridge Scholars confirmation email.