Application to the Bridge Scholars Program is competitive and space is limited. Students selected to participate in the program will receive a combination of Bridge Scholars Program funds and grant awards worth up to $6,500.00 to cover the following:
- Tuition and Fees for the Summer Session (up to six academic credits/two classes)
- Room and Board (including meals) in a designated on-campus residence hall
- Miscellaneous Expenses such as activities
Selection of Scholars
The selection committee will evaluate applicants on their ability and willingness to handle responsibility and to set standards of excellence in the areas of study, college classroom performance, peer interaction, and general behavior. Students interested in the Bridge Scholars Program must demonstrate a strong commitment to completing their college education. In addition, applicants must demonstrate their willingness to meet the following program expectations:
- Setting high standards of judgment and behavior
- Setting high standards of academic study and performance
- Respecting program guidelines and abiding by program rules and boundaries
Notification of Status
All students will be notified of their application status by the end of February. Selected students will be sent a Bridge Scholars Program Confirmation Email.
Selected Bridge Scholars will be required to participate in the Bridge Scholars Orientation Meeting that will take place on May 5th, on the Colorado State University campus. The Access Center and University staff will provide important program information and details at this meeting. At least one parent and/or family member is required to attend along with the participating student. Details for the meeting regarding location, time and agenda will be included in the Bridge Scholars Confirmation Email.