- You must meet these eligibility requirements to apply to the Bridge Scholar Summer Program:
- Be eligible to receive in-state tuition (regardless of documentation status).
- Are a First-Generation college student (biological or adoptive parents have not earned a bachelor’s degree).
- Show financial need through the 2023-2024 FAFSA or CASFSA financial aid applications.
- Be accepted for CSU Admission for Fall 2024.
- Once you have met the eligibility requirements, you will use your personalized link on your Future Ram Dashboard to access the Bridge application.
- If you feel you have met the eligibility requirements and have not yet received an invitation to apply via your Future Ram Dashboard, please contact Angel Ruiz via email at email@example.com.
- Complete your personalized online application.
- Submit your 2023-2024 FAFSA or CASFA using your 2021 income and tax information.
- *2023-2024 FAFSA or CASFA is required to have your Bridge application reviewed.
Selection of Scholars
- Once all eligibility and application requirements are met, the selection committee will evaluate applicants on the following:
- Student’s ability and perceived effort in completing the application.
- Expressed commitment to take on the responsibilities related to being a college student and successfully completing college coursework.
- Explanation of what the student hopes to gain as a result of participating in the program.
- Desire to positively contribute to the Bridge Scholars community.
- *Students are required to participate and be present for the entirety of the 8-week program. Some exceptions for short-term absences can be made for scholarship and academic commitments.
Notification of Status
- Students can expect notification of their application status by April 1st. In some circumstances, this notification may be delayed.